The City of Antioch is about to fund and launch a local Home Ownership Program (AHOP). AHOP will provide up to $50,000 in down payment assistance to eligible homebuyers. AHOP’s objectives are to:
- Increase affordability and access to homeownership
- Provide education and counseling to help prepare and guide homebuyers through the home purchase process
Eligible AHOP participants must:
- Currently, live or work in the City of Antioch
- Have not owned a home in the past three years
- Have a household that earns 80% or less of the area’s median income
- Complete HUD certified education within the past twelve months to participate in the Program.
Your first step to take advantage of AHOP is to attend a free homebuyer orientation workshop. This workshop will introduce you to the various partners, resources, and services that will be offered through AHOP. The workshop will be presented in conjunction with the City’s AHOP administrator, the Bay Area Affordable Homeownership Alliance (BAAHA).
Saturday, January 18, 2019, from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
WHERE: Nick Rodriguez Community Center, 213 F Street, Room 220, Antioch CA
Make your reservation to attend by visiting BAAHA’s website: http://www.myhomegateway.org/antioch–ahop-.html
For additional questions please email BAAHA at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is AHOP?
BAAHA & the City of Antioch are working together to expand homeownership opportunities in Antioch. The Antioch Home Ownership Program, or AHOP, will provide access to valuable services and resources to help Antioch residents and workforce become homeowners.