The City of Antioch in conjunction with the Bay Area Affordable Homeownership Alliance (BAAHA) are hosting a workshop to introduce Antioch’s Affordable Home Ownership Program (AHOP) to the Antioch community. The Zoom workshop is scheduled for 6:00 pm Wednesday, April 26, 2023.
A reservation is required to attend the AHOP Informational Zoom workshop. To make a reservation please go to BAAHA’s AHOP workshop webpage at https://www.myhomegateway.org/ahopworkshop.html. Reservations must be submitted by no later than Monday, April 24.
The Antioch Home Ownership Program (AHOP) is targeted to assist low to moderate income households to secure home ownership in the City of Antioch. Benefits and resources AHOP will offer to Antioch first time homebuyer residents and workforce include:
- Down Payment Assistance Subsidies – could assist eligible low to moderate income Antioch first time homebuyer residents and workforce to purchase a home in Antioch. Eligible households could receive up to $60,000 through the City AHOP; and up to an additional $60,000 provided by partnering organizations.
- Homebuyer Education and Counseling – provides valuable homebuyer education and counseling to Antioch’s residents and workforce.
The workshop will provide additional details on:
- AHOP Resources and Subsidies – directed towards assisting low to moderate income first time Antioch homebuyers to purchase a home in Antioch
- AHOP Participation Guidelines – an overview of Program requirements and guidelines to receive access to AHOP resources and subsidies
- Next Steps – for Antioch’s first time homebuyer residents and workforce to take to access AHOP’s beneficial homebuyer resources.
Workshop presenters will include:
- City of Antioch – housing staff will introduce the AHOP program
- Bay Area Affordable Homeownership Alliance (BAAHA) – the City’s contracted AHOP administrator (BAAHA) will provide additional information on AHOP and the steps required to become an AHOP participant.
- First Citizens Bank (FCB) – A representative will provide information on additional down payment assistance and closing cost subsidies, and a low interest rate 1st loan available for eligible AHOP participants
- A-1 Community Housing Services – a representative will provide information on HUD approved required AHOP homebuyer education, and on financial and homebuyer counseling available for eligible Antioch residents and workforce.
Download the AHOP Introductory Workshop Flyer