You can drop off your unflocked trees from 8 am – 5 pm January 5 – 6, 2019, in the designated areas:
*Please remove tree stands and all decorations before drop-off.
Boy Scout Pickup:
Boy Scouts will pick up holiday tress Saturday and Sunday January 5 – 6, 2019. Make sure your trees are at the curb and ready for pick up before 9 am. Donation of $10 for unflocked trees, or $1 per foot if taller than 8 feet, or $20 for flocked trees, payable to BSA, would be appreciated. To arrange a pickup, email the Boy Scouts at email@example.com.
Single Family Recycling:
In your green waste cart, place unflocked trees. Branches must be 6 inches or less in diameter and 3 feet or less in length. You must ensure that you: 1) cut off tree top, 2) remove tree stand, 3) are able to close the lid.
Flocked trees cannot be recycled:
They can be collected curbside as one of your bulky items or for a fee of $40 per tree. Pickups must be scheduled in advance, call (925) 685-4711. Flocked trees may be placed in your trash cart or bin at your complex as long as it fits with the lid closed.
Tree Pickup Do’s & Don’ts
- Remove lights, ornaments, tinsel and trimmings from branches before placing at the curbside.
- Leave trees at curbside on the same day as your regular garbage collection day.
- Cut in half all trees that are 10 feet or over in height.
- NO FLOCKED TREES
- NO ARTIFICIAL TREES
- Do not leave stand (Whether plastic, metal or wood) on the trees. Trees with these items still attached cannot be picked up.
- Do not leave lights, ornaments, tinsel or other trimmings on the tree.