The City of Antioch is currently accepting applications for Human Resources Analyst.
For a Full Job description and to submit an online application, please follow this link: City of Antioch Human Resources Analyst
Job Title: Human Resources Analyst
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 03/16/18 5:00 PM Pacific Time
$31.98 – $38.87 Hourly
$5,543.00 – $6,738.00 Monthly
$66,516.00 – $80,856.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-time, Regular
Location: Antioch City Hall; 200 H Street, Antioch, California
— This position will remain open until March 16, 2018 or until 200 applications have been received. This recruitment can close at any time, so candidates are encouraged to apply immediately.
— Oral board interviews are tentatively scheduled for April 10, 2018. However, we reserve the right to modify this schedule.**
Performs administrative and professional work in a variety of areas of human resources management including classification, compensation, recruitment, examination, employee relations, safety, training, benefits, and workers compensation; performs surveys and studies and analyzes data; prepares reports and recommendations; maintains the City’s personnel and record keeping systems and other documentation programs; serves as the subject matter expert on multiple subjects; performs related work as assigned.
– Standard and accepted principles, practices and methods of public personnel administration including recruitment, selection, job analysis, classification and compensation systems, employee benefits, training and career development.
– Labor and employee relations in the public sector.
– Methods, techniques and practices of data collection and report writing.
– Public administration policies and procedures; structure and organization of public sector agencies.
– Standard and accepted principles, practices and methods of administrative and organizational analyses.
– Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
– Applicable Federal and State laws, codes and regulations.
– Records management principles and practices.
– Standard office practices and procedures, including the use of standard office equipment and computer applications.
– Interpret, apply and explain laws, regulations, policies, procedures and practices of Human Resources administration.
– Analyze Human Resources administration, operational and organizational problems, evaluate alternatives, and reach sound conclusions in an independent and effective manner, within procedural guidelines.
– Consult and communicate independently and effectively with management and staff.
– Conduct a variety of sensitive and complex studies and/or investigations.
– Prepare clear and concise administrative documents and reports.
– Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
– Review personnel documents for completeness and accuracy.
– Plan effective recruitment, testing and selection practices.
– Maintain accurate and confidential personnel records.
– Organize and set priorities in order to meet deadlines
– Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
A Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, human resources, psychology, or a related field or four years of experience in the City of Antioch Human Resource Technician class specification
At least three (3) years of progressively responsible human resources experience performing administrative, program/project management, and/or analytical functions, preferably in a public agency or other similar organization.
Must possess and maintain a valid California class C driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting, with some travel to different sites; Must be able to attend off-hours meetings or events or work occasional overtime as required. May travel outside of the City.
Physical: Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to use standard office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination, including use of a computer keyboard; strength and stamina to lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials, and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone to exchange information.
For Antioch Community events, visit our events page.