The road to college and career can be tricky. Maybe you don’t know where to begin or you are struggling to keep up with college financially. No matter your situation, we are here to help you navigate your way, all at no cost to you.
- Enrollment Assistance
- Application Assistance
- Training Program or Major Exploration
- Intro to On-Campus Resources
- Career Exploration
- Resume Writing
- Interview Preparation
- Placement Assistance
- Work Skill Development
- Assistance with Major Related Expenses
- Text Books
- Uniforms or Supplies
- Life Scans
If you or someone you know between the ages of 18-24 years old & ready to take the next steps to become self-sufficient, have them contact Opportunity Junction at 925-776-1133 or visit https://ojroadmap.org/
About Opportunity Junction
We believe that everyone who is willing to work hard deserves an opportunity to succeed.
Unfortunately, too many of our neighbors face barriers to employment such as a lack of skills or confidence that they cannot overcome on their own. They need training and support to break the cycle of low-wage jobs and public assistance.
Opportunity Junction helps low-income Contra Costa residents get and keep good jobs by providing training, support, experience, and employer introductions.
When we work together, motivated job seekers get what they need to launch a career. Their success makes their families and our community stronger.
Core Programs Specifically for Job Seekers:
- Administrative Careers Training Program: Prepares job seekers for administrative careers leading to self-sufficiency through computer and life skills training, paid work experience, case management, career counseling, placement assistance, and long-term alumni services.
- Road Map for 18- to 24-Year Olds: Helps low-income, vulnerable young adults, ages 18 to 24, obtain employment through access to short-term training opportunities and/or placement into jobs. Supports include one-on-one career counseling to develop career goals, bi-weekly group meetings where youth develop professional competencies, and activities to develop job search skills.
- Career Counseling and Placement Assistance: Provides career development, case management, and job placement services in Antioch, in Pittsburg at Los Medanos College, and in Bay Point as part of SparkPoint Contra Costa.
- Healthcare Career Pathway: Provides Certified Nursing Assistant training, both in the classroom and in nursing facilities, as well as social support services and ongoing support for life and career advancement for careers in medical professions, in partnership with Mt. Diablo Adult Education and Ombudsman Services of Contra Costa and Solano Counties.
Additional Programs to Serve Low-Income Residents:
- Technology and Career Center (including basic computer classes and ESL classes)
- Do-It-Yourself Tax Assistance
- Coming in 2020: Online Census Completion Assistance