As part of the Antioch School Education Foundation, the Mary Allan Fellows Awards are held annually. The dinner event recognizes exemplary teachers within the Antioch Unified School District (AUSD), who are committed to and passionate about the education of our students. The Mary Allan Fellows Award dinner, is named for board director Mary Allan ~ 2001, “California Teacher of the Year”. Every year, the board of directors select the top honorees (nominated by staff, students, parents, community) from a pool of Antioch educators.
The Antioch Schools Education Foundation (ASEF) is a nonprofit that benefits every child in every school in the Antioch Unified School District. ASEF raises money to fund enhanced student learning through district-wide enrichment initiatives, curriculum material, grants for teachers, and an array of programs to help students learn and thrive. With the help of its donors, ASEF serves to bridge the gap between education funding and what the Antioch Unified School District students need to truly excel. For more information on ASEF, please visit their website: Antioch School Education Foundation
“I attended the Mary Allan Fellows Awards Ceremony where top Antioch Unified School District teachers were honored for excellence in their field. Named after 2001 California Teacher of the Year, Mary Allan, the 10th annual award dinner is organized by the Antioch Schools Education Foundation and was attended by almost 400 guests. Besides the four top recipients, 11 other teachers were recognized for their innovation and outstanding service to the students and their families. Congratulations to the amazing Fellows award winners Italo Rossi, Frank Zrinski, Jacey Renfroe and Tammy Ely-Kofford! ” ~Ron Bernal
2017 Fellows recipients:
- Tammy Ely-Kofford, 11th Grade Social Science, Deer Valley High School
- Jacey Renfroe, 5th Grade, Marsh Elementary
- Italo Rossi, 11th/12th Grade Human Anatomy & Physiology AP Biology,Antioch High School
- Frank Zrinski, Seventh Grade Science, Antioch Middle School
- Connie Azevedo, 1st Grade, Belshaw Elementary
- Sara Buckley-Carson, 8th Grade Science, Park Middle School
- Christine Graves, 6th Grade, Park Middle School
- Patrick Green, 6th-8th Physical Education, Antioch Middle
- Lorie Guinard, 6th-8th Grade Severely Handicapped, Park Middle School
- DarVisa Marshall, 6th Grade English and History, Park Middle School
- Megan Benson, Kindergarten, Orchard Park K-8 School
- Tricia Campbell, English Language Development (ELD), Park Middle School
- Marlein Jeans, 1st Grade, Jack London Elementary
- Shawna Lucey, 3rd Grade, Grant Elementary
- Michele White, 4th Grade, Mission Elementary
Earlier in the day, keynote speaker Terri Tchorzynski, National Counselor of the Year, visited three AUSD campuses: Antioch High, Dozier-Libbey Medical High and Jack London Elementary.
Photo Credit: Antioch Unified School District
Here are a few photos from the 10th Annual Mary Allan Fellows Award Dinner:
Photo Credit: Trine Gallegos
To see more pictures from this year’s Mary Allan Fellow’s Award Dinner, please visit The Antioch School’s Education Foundation Page.
For more events in Antioch, visit our Events Page!