Antioch, Calif., (March 29, 2021) – Last week, the City of Antioch welcomed the newest member of the City’s business community, Cielo Supermarket.
Located at 1818 A Street, the full-service grocery store was founded by Hector and Fabiola Gomez, in partnership with Mrs. Gomez’ parents, Luis and Lupita Ayala. With over 30 years of experience in serving Contra Costa County, through the family’s history of owning and managing family markets, the family is excited to bring their newest market to Antioch.
“I am thrilled to welcome Cielo Supermarket to the City of Antioch,” said Lamar Thorpe, Mayor, City of Antioch. “The willingness to invest in our community is demonstrative of our city’s strong fiscal health, and even stronger long-term fiscal possibilities as our city continues its trajectory as one of the fastest growing communities in California.”
At 17,000 square feet, and with a wide assortment of products from Mexico and Latin America, Cielo Supermarket is a full -service supermarket that will inject a sense of community and vibrancy to the City of Antioch. About the City of Antioch: Antioch is located on the banks of the San Joaquin River in Northern California, just off of Highway 4 in Contra Costa County.
With a population of over 100,000 people, Antioch has become the heart of Eastern Contra Costa County, offering a variety of employment, shopping, and vast recreational activities. The pace of development in Antioch has spurred activity for financial and insurance institutions, contractors, and other service-oriented businesses. Increased development has increased employment in schools, hospitals, and other local service sectors. Antioch is poised to capitalize on its location, skilled workforce, and fiscal strength.
About Cielo Supermarket
“We Serve with Passion” – Cielo Supermarket opens its doors in the fascinating City of Antioch, California. Committed to providing memorable experiences to our guests, associates and communities; which is the main reason for our business mission. Our values are founded on sharing our Latino heritage through traditions, customer service culture, food, aromas and flavors that awaken your palate and the senses. Let us transport you to a unique and incomparable experience that will entice you to return to our store again.
Cielo Supermarket guarantees quality, excellence and freshness in each of our products. Our Cielo branded goods are proudly made fresh daily at our Antioch location by the hands of our expert associates. Our team works with passion, dedication and best effort to achieve a product that is worthy of Cielo Supermarket’s seal.
Our supermarket has a variety of offerings and departments:
- Jugueria (Juice Bar)– Cielo serves freshly made juices, horchata, aguas frescas and more. Providing you with a healthy and delicious treat, made with real fruits and vegetables.
- Panaderia (Bakery) – The moment you set eyes on our bakery, your senses will be overloaded with the pleasant smell and colorful variety of our fresh baked Pan and be surrounded by the aroma of freshly baked bread. Our bakery is staffed with experienced and certified bakers who are invested in the artisanal process of making bread and Pan Dulce. Our bolillo will captivate you with it’s amazing flavor, texture and aroma! Inspired by our traditions and the art of story telling, we bring peices of Mexcian traditions and hertiage to your fingertips. Depending on the holiday you can find a seasonal treat such as: Rosca de Reyes, Capirotada, Pan de Muerto, and more.
- Mariscos (Seafood) – We have an assorted selection of your favorite seafood characterized by freshness and quality bringing them to you directly from the sea to your kitchen.
- Carniceria (Butcher Shop) – Shop our extensive variety and selection of meats, cut daily by our certified and well-trained expert butchers. Whatever the selection, our butchers are always happy and ready to attend to your needs! While you are here, why not try our Cielo Supermarket marinated meats, full of flavor and made with our family recipe. Whether it be beef, pork or chicken, our meats will leave you wanting to come back for more.
- Frutas Y Verduras (Produce and Grocery) – The heart of any dish lies with the ingredients. Our Produce Department provides an explosion of color, taste and freshness. We have the best selection of fruits and vegetables from local and international farms. The secret ingredient to many traditional Mexican dishes is a little bit (or a lot) of heat. Our wide variety of fresh and dried chili peppers: Jalapeños, Habanero, Pasilla among others, are the must-have ingredient in most of your favorite Mexican recipes. In our condiments section you will find a variety of dried chilies, national and international brands for seasoning your meals, with that unique flavor, that characterizes Latin food.
- And Much More! – We invite you to visit us to experience firsthand our high level of customer service, the quality of our meals, the family atmosphere and the authentic flavor of Mexico