Antioch Police Department opened their doors for the 4th Annual Holiday Food Drive on Saturday December 23rd. Families received a turkey and a bag of groceries with the fixings to prepare a holiday meal for their family. With the generous donations of new and unwrapped toys received over the past several weeks, each child in the families also received an age appropriate wrapped gift.
With the help of White Pony Express, APD was able to expand this year’s drive to include blankets, coats, hats, scarves, socks and an additional grocery bag of fresh fruits and vegetables.
After the Holiday Food Drive, APD officers personally delivered Christmas presents and food to 12 “adopted” families that needed a helping hand this holiday season.
According to Antioch Police Lieutenant Tarra Mendes, “In the four years that the Antioch Police Department has done this event, this was by far the largest undertaking we have taken on. It was crazy, but in my opinion, incredibly successful.”
It is estimated that over 60 families received groceries and gifts, 12 “adopted” families received food and presents, and in total over 100 children received a wrapped gift.
This event was made possible by the hard work of over 60 volunteers, preparing for this event and working the event. “Thank you” to everyone that contributed to this event including:
- Antioch Police Department Staff and their families
- Citizens Academy Graduates and their families
- Explorer Post
- Volunteers in Police Services
- Volunteers from White Pony Express
- Local businesses/organizations
- Antioch Community Federal Credit Union, White Pony Express, Arrowhead Tow, Cupertino Tow, Templer’s Tow, East County Tow, A&M Tow, Somersville Towne Center, Smart & Final, Sears, Target, Walmart, Costco, Days Inn, Best Buy, Kmart, Safeway, JC Penney, 1st NorCal Credit Union, Antioch Armory, Pac Pride Distribution, Inc. (Danny and Theresa Elser), ICR Electrical, Affordable Tire Center, Big O Tires, Les Schwab Tires, BJ’s Brewhouse, Work World, Antioch Toyota, Sofas 4 Less, Delta RC Hobbies, Thorpe Design, Mickie Marchetti & Agueda Philbin with REACH, Lonnie Karste with Karste Consulting, Michael Bauer with NightHawk Defense Group, Dr. Miller & Dr. Simarro DDS, Dr. Shirani DDS, Dr. Sheffield, Dr. Lamb & Dr. Morris, Sun Crest Homes and Rick Beaman.
- Community Members
For updates from the Antioch Police Department, follow them on Facebook
For more community events, check out our events page!