The August heatwave continues this week and is predicted to reach record-breaking levels. The City of Antioch is opening cooling centers to assist residents this week. The cooling centers are listed below:
- Nick Rodriguez Community Center (213 F St, Antioch, Ca) will be open through August 19th from 12:00 p.m to 6:00 p.m.
- EHSD District Office (4545 Delta Fair Blvd, Antioch, Ca) will be open Monday & Tuesday, August 17th-18th from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
COVID-19 Health Orders remain in full effect and the following modifications are activated and required by all individuals coming to the Cooling Centers:
- Everyone must wear masks and/or acceptable face coverings
- Social distancing will be enforced; only families may sit or stand together
- All visitors must answer the COVID health questions; if you feel sick stay home, you will not be admitted into the center
- Bring your own snack; sharing food is not allowed.
Additional Cooling Centers listed below. please call locations before visiting to confirm hours of operation:
- Concord Senior Center (2727 Parkside Circle, Concord, Ca) Tel: (925)671-3320
- Martinez Senior Center ( 818 Green Street, Martinez, Ca) Tel: (925)370-8770
Residents are encouraged to stay connected with the City of Antioch by following the daily announcements posted on our main website antiochca.gov
For additional help please call the Antioch Recreation Department at (925)-776-3050, ext. 0.